ABOUT THE COMICA FESTIVAL
Comica - Putting Comics First.
Comica is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise and produces a year round programme of events, including - Comica: London International Comics Festival, Comiket comic and small press fairs, national graphic novel competitions, talks, exhibitions, workshops, conferences, panel discussions, film screenings and the monthly networking event Comica Social Club.
Comica's aims are:
• To present work by new and established artists working in the medium of comics and graphic novels.
• To promote an understanding and appreciation of comics, graphic novels, and graphic non-fiction as heritage and culture, to people of all ages and all backgrounds.
• To provide a platform to support, encourage and foster artists engaged in the creation of comics and broaden the horizons and wider acceptance of comics and graphic novels as an integral dimension of British culture and the arts communities.
• To reach the broadest possible cross section of the public to not only attend events as audience, but to actively participate in Comica events.
• To act as a creative catalyst working with artists, curators and community to enable the public to have contact with artists and engage with art.
• To provide a network for professionals to develop their work through practice-led discussions and strengthen the comic community by creating an environment that encourages collaboration.
The Comica Company Ltd.The Comica Company Ltd is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise. Trading as 'Comica Festival; the London International Comics Festival', 'Comica Festival' and "Comica". Registered Company Number 7811409. Registered in England and Wales. Directors: Paul Gravett and Peter Stanbury.